Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Roses for Mothers Day Card

I just finished inking these three different roses for my mother's day card. This is the first time I've done this technique and it's amazing how unique each one is, I really enjoyed experimenting with the different colors.

With glossy card stock I used the Manhattan Flower die run through the Big Shot. I used foam make-up wedges to apply the different inks. At first I applied only two colors to each rose but then added a third color and it really makes the roses pop!

The pic below left uses Perfect Plum, Pale Plum and Regal Rose inks.
The pic below right uses Regal Rose, Rose Red and Apricot Appeal inks.



The pic below uses So Saffron, Ruby Red and Cameo Coral inks.


I plan on cutting the outline of the roses and putting them on cs. Once I get the Mother's Day card complete I'll post a pic before I send it. Can't wait to make more of these using different color combinations.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. I like all the different colors. You're so right, each one of them looks so different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those turned out so pretty! Good job Kristen!

    ReplyDelete