Sunday, May 3, 2009

Craft Class Projects

We had another craft class last night with Ellen and did some fun projects I wanted to share. The first one was decorating a colorful pail purchased by Ellen at the Dollar Store. The colors we got to choose from were yellow, pink and blue and surprisingly I didn't pick the pink one, Cid got it after letting me choose between the pink or blue. I chose blue because it reminds me of the ocean.

The Flowers strip die was used with the Big Shot and attached to the pail with snail (that's fun to say) and then we used the Crop-A-Dile to punch holes in the center of a few flowers on each side. I've never used the Crop-A-Dile on metal, it was surprisingly easy. We inserted rhinestone brads into the holes, I chose red and blue. To finish it off we added different colored ribbon to the pail handle. This is how my pail looks now but sometime this month I'll be doing some additional decorating with rub-ons and some other girly beachy decorations to be determined.


Our second project was making an initial tag to put on a purse, as a luggage tag or however we want to use it. We used two different sizes of scallop chipboard and decorated the front and backs with Pink Flamingo DSP. The initials were made with the Naturally Serif strip dies, blue in my case. I had a blue theme in my projects. We did additional decorating on the two scallops, using different flowers Ellen made using punches and the die cuts in alot of different colors. We then used the Crop-A-Dile to punch holes in the two scallop chipboard pieces for the ring to hold everything together. I chose a goldish ring color and added ribbon and voila, the project was complete.



Most of the initial tags I've seen have the small scallop infront of the large one like this...


but I didn't want to cover up my initial and the all the beautiful colors so I put the small scallop on the back of the large one with the decorative side facing out, see the right hand pic below. One of the greatest things I've learned about crafting is there is no right and wrong, it's all a matter of personal preference and I like that.



The third and last project was a card making a dress silhouette using the Scallop Circle die cut. The pattern of DSP I chose is from the Rockabilly Speciality set which I love, it's such fun paper. The pic below is of the card and the cardboard scallop circle die cut with the outline of of the dress drawn on it. I will cut out the dress and use it as a template for future cards.

The dress is actually one piece of DSP with Kiwi Kiss ribbon tied around the waist and a flower punch with a red rhinestone brad for a corsage. The sentiment is from the Oval All set, stamped in Riding Hood Red ink and punched out with the Small Oval punch. I then used the Scallop Oval punch on Riding Hood Red cs for the background of the sentiment. The background is from the Urban Garden DSP.


I placed the dress at an angle mainly to allow a space for the sentiment on the front of the card. Plus I don't always like the focal design to be horizontal and vertical, it's good to mix it up every now and again.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments: