Friday, March 20, 2009

Baby Announcements

I'll be making baby announcements for Darcy and Gary as a gift for their baby girl Ruby who is due mid-March. I made the baby announcement below for my other friends and really had alot of fun making it.

This card is 6 1/2" x 5" of Sahara Sand cs. There is a 2 1/2" strip of Brocade Blue cs. I cut a 2" strip of dot paper and tore the upper and lower edges. I attached the two strips of paper together and tied 1/4" bluebird grosgrain ribbon around the two strips. The baby hand stamp is from the SU set I'm Here. It's stamped on white cs and I sponged around all four sides. It's attached to a square piece of brocade blue cs. I took a small safety pin and alternated white and blue beads and to attach it to the square I taped it to the back of the brocade blue cs. I used dimensional's to attach it to the Sahara Sand cs. M-A-R-C-O is randomly stamped in the lower right hand side of the Sahara Sand card stock.

The inside of the announcement measures 5 3/4" x 4". I used a corner stamp to add a little decoration and printed the birth information on vellum paper on my printer.

I can't wait to do the baby announcements for Darcy and Gary since it will be for a girl. I spoke with Darcy about color combination's she likes and I have some design ideas so it should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment