Monday, June 15, 2009

Masculine Cards

Here are some masculine looking cards I made with a great stamp set from Stampin' Up called Sense of Time. The set includes the clock,clock gears and two great sayings which I'll use inside the cards. I used Tim Holtz products which I like because it brings a different level of creativity to my projects and really challenges me to think outside the box. He is so creative and his products bring a vintage look to cards, tags and other craft projects. He has alot of YouTube video's where he talks about how to use his products and techniques to use too.

For these cards I used Distress Embossing Ink (which is clear) with the 2 Distress Embossing Powders (I'd like to get more!). Since I'd never used the Embossing Powders before, I used a small stamp for the first few tries until I got the hang of it. The neat thing about using the Distress Embossing Powders is that it gives a texture of fine sand paper to your project. It's fun to play with. I also experimented with various Distress Inks to see which color combinations I liked.

I made this card for my dad for Fathers Day. I challenged myself to use colors that weren't too dark and yet keep it masculine. For the clock face I used the Distress Embossing Ink and the Walnut Stain Embossing Powder. The edge and clock face I used Vintage Phot Distress Ink. For the second hand I used an antique brass brad in the center. The Love key is a Tim Holtz product which added a nice antique embellishment to the card. The brown button is tied with neutral twine. I really like how it turned out and I think my dad will like it to.
For this masculine birthday card I used the same procedure for the clock mentioned above. I used a silver brad for the second hand center and at the four corners of the card. I used the Weathered background stamp which helped give it an aged look. I stacked a brown and creme colored button together and adhered it with a glue dot. For the Best Wishes sentiment I used the Distress Embossing Ink with Fire Brick Embossing Powder. I really like how this card turned out, everything came together nicely.
Here is another birthday card I made using the blue instead of the brown on the Fathers Day card. It brings a totally different look to the card. This blue ribbon I wanted to use had two white stripes in the middle. I didn't like how it looked with the rest of the card so I put the narrow brown ribbon ontop of it and tied it into a knot. I think the blue and brown of the ribbon ties the whole card together.
Happy card making everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment