Saturday, February 21, 2009

Heart Card

I am into pink and chocolate as a paper combination and made this card for my parents for Valentine's Day. The card can be made for just about any occasion, Anniversary, Birthday, Girlfriends, etc. by swapping out the sentiment. I had alot of fun making it and it's really easy.

To make the card I used red cs. I then cut the squares in chocolate and pink and used my corner photo punch on the cs to give the card a little character (so it wasn't so boxy). I used my friend Ellen's different heart punches with various colors of cs and kept the chocolate/pink color combination for this card.

For the sentiment I stamped "love"in red on the pink cs and cut the chocolate background. I used the corner photo punch on both colors of cs again. I then took the pad of red ink at an angle and inked the edge of the sentiment all the way around on the pink cs.

This is one of those cards where I started off with a particular design in mind but ended up with something totally different ~ I love it when that happens. Hope you like it!!

1 comment: