Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Glad We're Friends Card


I gave this card to a girlfriend for Valentine's Day though it's another card that can be used for any occasion.

I stamped VersaMark on the French Script background stamp on red cs. I then stamped the sentiment with black ink on red cs and used the Curly Label punch. I also used the CL punch on white cs and put it behind the sentiment to off set the sentiment.

For the heart tag I tore white and red cs in graduated layers and used the Ticket corner punch at the two top corners of the tag.

I used red craft ink and stamped the heart on vellum and embossed the image. I used the small slot punch at the top of the tag and inserted two different ribbons. To hold the ribbons together I came up with the idea of using a brad. I also decided to attach the tag at an angle instead of straight up and down.

I had alot of fun embossing and want to do it more often. I remember when I first started making cards how afraid I was of embossing and after a few hits and misses I just love doing it, it's such a unique technique and it's shiny ~ who can resist that, not me!

No comments:

Post a Comment